Friends of ECP ‘s aim: to supports Eyethu Careers Point (ECP)
ECP’s aim is to help the young people in Cape Town’s townships:
- TO OVERCOME ALL THE BARRIERS THEY FACE
- TO BE ALL THEY CAN BE
It’s INDIBANO workshops are specifically designed to help these unemployed young people to overcome their barriers.
INDIBANO (Xhosa word for meeting):
- Guides them to understand themselves and to learn what makes them tick
- Helps them to develop those “employability skills” that they can make a success of the career choice they make
- Demonstrates the ‘Business Culture’ that will enable them to fit in whatever working environment they choose
- Gives them the careers information that they need before making their decisions
- Helps them to search for the “Entry Point”, the first step towards their “Dream Job”
- Works with them to rehearse their first approaches, create their CVs, complete applications and prepare for interviews
Help these young people learn that they can build safer and more rewarding futures for themselves.
HELP THEM TO BE ALL THAT THEY CAN BE!
Township Musicians: look at our Tapestries for Townships page